Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 10: Friday, July 17, 2015

This morning I did some research on determining ground truth and incorporating it into useable data, but I am still not completely sure how a ground truth image can be developed; every image has pixels that prevent perfect resolution, and therefore cannot portray the ground truth perfectly.  When Dr. Vodecek is available, I will have him to help me understand ground truth data collection and manipulation.  After lunch, I did more research on using the spectral angle mapper tool in ENVI, which I will use to measure the accuracy of the NNDiffuse program.  Later, Dr. Vodecek visited us and changed the method and objective of my project.  Now, I will use a terrain classification system to identify sections of an image as water, forest, road, etc. and comparing the results of the classifications system that acted on a NNDiffuse sharpened image of the same photograph.  The new direction for this project seems less complicated than the previous direction and should not require software other than ENVI.

No comments:

Post a Comment