Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 7: Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Since yesterday afternoon, I have been thinking about how to quantify the accuracy of the NNDiffuse software.  I thought of a new approach to this challenge; if I can generate a fractal landscape, maybe I can measure the relationship between euclidean distance and scene complexity.  Fractal landscapes could be useful for my project because I can easily control scene complexity.  However, fractal geometry cannot test spectral angle, and therefore could only provide half of the information that I would like to use for my analysis.  I have therefore come to the conclusion that, although a fractal landscape could possibly be useful, I will only attempt to use them if I have extra time at before the end of the internship since they can only provide half the data necessary to test the accuracy of the NNDiffuse algorithm.

No comments:

Post a Comment