Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 8: Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Today, I searched the internet for synthetic satellite imagery or a means to make such images.  I emailed Dr. Vodecek and asked him to tell me where to find one.  He referred me to a local RIT student and gave me his contact information.  This student has DIRSIG (Digital Imagery and Remote Sensing Image Generation) synthetic images of farmland that I could use to study the differences between ground truth and the NNDiffuse satellite image.  I cannot use the DIRSIG software myself because it requires time-consuming training and would cost $2500.  I also looked into other possible synthetic imagery software such as Mirametrics and MATLAB, but they do not have the same image generation capabilities as DIRSIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment